Bureau of gender strategy and budgeting (Gender Bureau)
Gender Bureau was established in September 2013 for implementation of gender-sensitive projects and initiatives.
The Bureau unites gender experts from all around Ukraine, who are working on publicity and analysis, development of gender-sensitive educational programs for economical, political and environmental issues. The organisation’s activities are targeting women leaders who support the ideas of gender equality , as well as decision makers among the state officials and local self-government, and media.
Mandate and/or mission statement of the organization explaining its purpose, goals and objectives:
Bureau functions as a women’s analytical center, which brings together researchers, experts and others practitioners and develops strategies to promote women’s empowerment and gender equality in a democratic environment. The main purpose of Bureau is to support gender mainstreaming, promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in Ukraine, as well as strengthen the expertise of gender experts.
|The main objectives of the Bureau are:|
- Conduction information and analytical activities, development and implementation of educational programs in the field of economic, social, political and environmental issues in the context of gender perspective.
- Promotion of integration of gender approaches into program and budget activities for central executive authorities and local self-government bodies.
- Generalization of tools and methodology of gender analysis, monitoring, evaluation and its approbation thereby projects implementation.
- Conduction of gender analysis, monitoring and evaluation of state, local and sectorial plans, programs and budgets.
- Development of educational, methodological and informational materials.
- Participation in expert and public council’s activities, permanent and temporal expert working groups.
- Monitoring and analysis of international obligations of the state in the spheres of gender equality and human rights abidance.
- Information and methodological support of activities for institutions working in the direction of gender equality.
- Establishment partnerships with other national and international organizations, media, and authorities in order to promote gender equality.
- Carry out systematic information and educational work and educational campaigns to exchange experiences and promote development of gender-based potential of society.